Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
This visa is aimed at highly qualified candidates, i.e. Non-EU nationals holding a
German or otherwise equivalent or recognized university degree or a professional qualification obtained or recognized in Germany.
The visa enables the holder to remain in Germany for a period of six months in order to find appropriate employment. General information for qualified professionals can be found on www.make-it-in-germany.com/en .
You can apply for a Jobseeker’s Visa after setting an appointment via e-mail. Please attach all listed documents to your e-mail. After checking the completion you will be assigned an appointment.
At the time of your visa appointment you have to submit the following documents in person (original plus two copies):
- 2 completed and signed application forms for a long-term visa
- 2 recent passport photographs
- your national passport
- residence permit for Portugal
- visa fee 75,- Euros
- proof of health insurance for the duration of your stay
- proof of financial means
- CV and motivation letter providing information on the planned course of action to find a Job, scheduled Job interviews etc.
- German, equivalent or recognized university degree
-to evaluate your foreign degree and check recognition in Germany please see http://anabin.kmk.org/ . If you cannot find your degree and university on anabin, you need to apply for individual evalutation of your degree on the same Webpage.
- Proof of your professional qualification
- official recognition of your qualification from the competent German authority www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de
- proof of German language skills (B1 language certificate)
Please note that in individual cases additional documents can be required.