Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Working Holiday Visa Program is based on a bilateral agreement between the Federal Republic of Germany and a few states. This agreement aims to enable young people to gain insight into culture and daily life in the Federal Republic of Germany.
The applicant’s primary aim should be to visit Germany. Nonetheless employment is permitted throughout the validity of the visa.
Persons eligible to a Working Holiday Visa:
- Citizens of Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and Uruguay
- At least 18 years of age but under 31 years (Canadian Citizens under 35 years)
- no dependent family members
You can apply for a Working Holiday Visa after setting an appointment online .
At the time of your visa appointment you have to submit the following documents in person (original plus one copy):
- completed and signed application form for a long-term visa
- 1 recent passport photograph
- your national passport
- CV (in English or German)
- motivation letter
- flight booking
- proof of health insurance, valid in Germany for the duration of your stay
- proof of sufficient funds to cover your living expenses in Germany for the first 3 months of your stay
- visa fee 75,- Euro