Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Blue Card is aimed at highly qualified candidates, i.e. Non-EU nationals holding a
German or otherwise equivalent or recognised university degree.
General information about migration of qualified professionals can be found on
You can apply for a Blue Card Visa after setting an appointment via e-mail. Please attach all listed documents to your e-mail. After checking the completion you will be assigned an appointment.
At the time of your visa appointment you have to submit the following documents in person (original plus two copies):
- 2 completed and signed application forms for a long-term visa
- 2 recent passport photographs
- your national passport
- residence permit for Portugal
- visa fee 75,- Euros
- filled in form " declaration of employment Agreement" (Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis) from the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit)
- German or equivalent recognized university degree
-to evaluate your foreign degree and check recognition in Germany please see http://anabin.kmk.org/ . If you cannot find your degree and University on anabin, you need to apply for individual evalutation of your degree on the same webpage.
- Employment contract including annual salary of at least 56,400 Euro p.a.
(with a degree in mathematics, IT, medicine, natural sciences or technology the annual salary has to be at least 43,992 Euro p.a.)
Please note that in individual cases additional documents can be required.