Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
A residence permit may be granted to Non-EU students and post-graduates for an internship in Germany if the internship is within the framework of a verified international exchange program, a program funded by the EU or bilateral development cooperation or if the student passed the fourth semester and the internship is study-related. Skilled workers and managers can be awarded a scholarship by German public funds or EU funds (government interns).
You can apply for an Internship Visa after setting an appointment via e-mail. Please attach all listed documents to your e-mail. After checking the completion you will be assigned an Appointment.
At the time of your visa appointment you have to submit the following documents in person (original plus two copies):
- 2 completed and signed application forms for a long-term visa
- 2 recent passport photographs
- your national passport
- residence permit for Portugal
- visa fee 75,- Euro
- proof of health insurance
- proof of accommodation in Germany
- internship contract from German company where you intend to have your internship, also indicating the salary (if the salary is less than 861,- Euro per months, proof of additional financial means)
- letter from your university confirming that internship is part of the course
- agreement from the German Federal Employment Agency
Please note that in individual cases additional documents can be required.