Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
If you intend to study in Germany, to enroll in a German language course or conduct scientific research, you can apply for a visa after setting an appointment online .
At the time of your visa appointment you have to submit the following documents in person (original plus two copies):
- 2 completed and signed application forms for a long-term visa
- 2 recent passport photographs
- your national passport
- residence permit for Portugal (not applicable for applicants from Cabo Verde)
- Graduation certificate /degree
- Evidence of health insurance valid in Germany
- Visa fee 75,- Euros
- Proof of financial means for the first year of your studies (equivalent of 861, - € per month)
- Formal Sponsor Letter (Verpflichtungserklärung) by a sponsor in Germany or abroad. This may be obtained from the local authority in Germany (Ausländerbehörde).
- Fixed-Deposit-Account (blocked bank account “Sperrkonto”) in Germany. Information on providers that offer this service worldwide is available on the Federal Foreign Office website.
-proof of official scholarship
- Admission Letter from a University in Germany or conditional Acceptance Letter
- Proof of the Exchange Programme (if applicable)
- Proof of Language proficiency in which the course will be conducted
- Confirmation of fully paid language course registration
- Motivational letter explaining why you wish to attend a language course in Germany and what you intend to do afterwards
Postgraduates / PHD / Scientific research
- Invitation from German university or German scientist/organisation that you will work with including payment /scholarship and a short description of the project you will be working on
- Hosting agreement or contract on the research
- Letter of your local university / research institute